Connect with a NY FAMILY DOCS for video and voice visits from your smartphone or computer.
- NY FAMILY DOCS is excited to announce that we are now offering TeleVisits, a more convenient appointment option, which allows patients to have a visit with their medical provider from the comfort of their home or office. To schedule a TeleVisit with us, call our office at 718-805-0037.
- For TeleVisits, you first need to connect to us through the Patient Portal or through the Healow app. Call to give us your email address, and you will receive your login information by email. Your username is your email address. Your password is the same on the Patient Portal and the Healow app.
Links to the Portal are on this page, as well as in the email that is sent to you. The Healow app can be downloaded at the Apple App Store or at Google Play. To connect to us on the Healow App, use our practice code JBBHBD.
- We recommend making sure that you can log in ahead of your TeleVisit day. If you have trouble logging in, call us and we can talk you through it, or send you a new password by email.
- Please note this is a billable service. TeleVisits will be billed to insurance at the same rate as regular visits. You will be responsible for the same copayments or deductible payments as you would have for a regular office visit. Most insurances are now covering TeleVisits, however we recommend that you contact your insurance company to determine your coverage for this service if you have any question about it.
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PORTAL:
- Sign in to the patient portal. A link to find the portal can be found on the top left of our webpage.
- From the opening page, which is “Dashboard,” or “Home,” the top left green colored box shows upcoming visits. Click the “join visit” button on that appointment.
- You will be prompted to enter vitals. This can be skipped if no vitals are available.
- Next there is a compatibility test which will check the microphone and camera of your computer system. When that is done, you can select the orange “Proceed” button at the bottom left.
- Select the orange “Start Visit” from the next page. When the provider joints the visit, the audio and video will start. If we are waiting for you but the connection is not working, we will call you to see if we can figure it out. If we are running late, but you are waiting, please call if we haven’t joined the visit 15 min past your visit time.
- If you are accidentally disconnected before the end of your visit, you will need to log out of the portal all together and log back in to reconnect.
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE HEALOW APP:
- Log into the Healow app. See the instructions at the top of this page about how to find and log in to the app.
- From the home page, choose APPOINTMENTS, which is at the top of the circle of choices.
- Select the TeleVisit appointment, which should be in the list of upcoming appointments.
- Select “Start Televisit,” from the orange bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter vitals. This can be skipped if no vitals are available.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” from the orange button in the middle of the screen.
- Wait for the provider to join the visit. When we join the visit, video of both provider and patient and audio will be connected. If we are waiting for you but the connection is not working, we will call you to see if we can figure it out. If we are running late, but you are waiting, please call if we haven’t joined the visit 15 min past your visit time.
- If you have slower service and the video is a problem, the visit can be done with audio only if you turn off the video on the app, bottom left.
- If you are accidentally disconnected before the end of your visit, you can reconnect easily by following the same steps as above.